1) The end result is more feminine than what most fitness classes/ videos accomplish.
2) I know it works because look at Natalie Portman.
3) I can do it at home, and I don't feel that I am missing out of class fun (a.k.a. Zumba).
4) Believe it or not, after the bridge series, time starts to fly by.
5) I like the peacefulness of the videos (no one is yelling at me.) :)
So here beings my "journal" of what I am experience.
Day 2
The suggested or recommended regimen is doing the classic 60 minute class 3xs a week. This was my second time. I am still sore from my first day of doing the whole video, but I pushed through. I might take an Epson salt bath tonight to kind of relieve my muscles. The abs are difficult. I read in her book that if one cannot use the abdominal muscles to do the exercises to build up to it. She does not want the lower back to be used. So instead of doing the first sit-up type thing, I did another recommended abd workout where one lowers their straight legs slowly. I did this then the stamp your feet on the ceiling, while Mary Helen did sit ups. I want my abs to get stronger in order to do that. And I definitely felt the abs working when I exchanged these exercises. Other than that, my legs, hips, and butt all burned and started shaking around the second set of various exercises. Oh well, maybe I will get stronger. That is the goal. Also with the one legged bridge, I can barely get my butt off the floor. Sigh... But I did the motions and felt the muscles working even if I did not get any air in between my booty and the floor. ;) I can still feel all the muscles in spastic plea of "what are you doing to us", so I am thinking it is working. :)
My plan is to do two days of the classic 60 minute workout, then because three days of my week consists of working, I will do possibly 15-30 minute blasts from her website two of those days. We shall see. Plus I will keep reading her book for inspiration. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment